Our office bearers, staff and volunteers have a commitment to the following behaviours and values including always acting in the best interest of the Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation and abiding by our policies and principles.
Benevolence – we demonstrate responsiveness by:
- honouring the memory of police officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- ensuring their sacrifice is acknowledged; and
- ensuring actions and projects benefit the wider community.
Responsiveness – we demonstrate responsiveness by:
- providing frank, impartial and timely advice and comment; and
- providing high quality services to the Victorian community and the Foundation; and
- identifying and promoting best practice.
Integrity – we demonstrate integrity by:
- being honest, open and transparent in our dealings; and
- using powers responsibly; and
- reporting improper conduct; and
- avoiding any real or apparent conflicts of interest; and
- striving to earn and sustain public trust of a high level.
Impartiality – we demonstrate impartiality by:
- making decisions and providing advice on merit and without bias, caprice, favouritism or self-interest
- acting fairly by objectively considering all relevant facts and fair criteria; and
- implementing policies and programs equitably.
Accountability – we demonstrate accountability by:
- working to clear objectives in a transparent manner; and
- accepting responsibility for our decisions and actions; and
- seeking to achieve best use of resources; and
- submitting ourselves to appropriate scrutiny.
Respect – we demonstrate respect for colleagues, office bearers, staff and volunteers and members of the Victorian community by:
- treating them fairly and objectively; and
- ensuring freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying; and
- using their views to improve outcomes on an ongoing basis.
Human Rights – we should respect and promote the human rights set out in the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities by:
- making decisions and providing advice consistent with human rights; and
- actively implementing, promoting and supporting human rights.
Leadership – office bearers, staff and volunteers should demonstrate leadership by actively implementing, promoting and supporting these values.