Secretary - Josie Boyd email@example.com
The Swan Hill Blue Ribbon Foundation was established in the memory of Victoria Police members who have been killed in the line of duty. Among them was local detective Robert Lane who was killed in the line of duty. Money raised has been donated to the Robert Lane Resuscitation Unit at Swan Hill District Health. The Blue Ribbon Foundation (non profit organisation) prefers to invest in “living memorial” that remember lives by saving others.
Established on 2nd October 2006 – 14 members now have 19 members.
• Trivia Nights
• Community Black Tie Balls
• Race meetings
• Behind the Scene nights
• Sunday Market BBQ’s
• SHDH Charity Golf & Bowls Day
• Main Street BBQ’s
• Started 2007- Swan Hill Branch of the Blue Ribbon Foundation in partnership with the Central Murray Football League introduced the Spirit of Football Award to honour the memory of Robert ‘Rocky’ Lane who is well known within the Swan Hill area, the Central Murray Football League and particularly within the Lalbert and Lake Boga Football and Netball Clubs. In 2008 – Swan Hill Branch of the Blue Ribbon Foundation introduced the Spirit of Netball Award.
• Dedication Ceremony was held on 28th November 2008 to open the Robert Lane Resuscitation Unit
TOTAL AMMOUNT RAISED TO DATE Approx - $132,000 including donations from BRF and SHDH
Equipment purchased for the Robert Lane Resuscitation Unit
• June 2008 - Patient Monitoring Equipment - $60,000 ($40,000 donated by Blue Ribbon Foundation)
• May 2010 - Cardiac Arrhythmia Software - $5778.00
• May 2011 – Portable Ventilator $30,999 (Included $11,000 raised from SHDH Charity Golf Day)
• May 2012 – External Pacing Machine $12,950 ($7,000 donated by Blue Ribbon Foundation
• June 2013 – Diathermy Equipment $22,119.90 ($10,000 donated by Blue Ribbon Foundation)
To be confirmed.
2009 Swan Hill Rural City Council Community Organisation Award